Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Someone Fucking With My Money...

Have I said this before??

This is the only restaurant I have ever worked at that can have, check this out, 25 reservations at 5 pm and end the evening with just under 200 customers. That's a shit load of walk-ins.

There are 4 items off the top of my head that we ran out of tonite. It's a Monday and I guess that calls for some understanding but...who did the ordering Saturday night? Hmmmm, the Mad Chef didn't close so I know it wasn't me, but I wont point any fingers, LOL.

Yes, it is embarrassing to run out of so much on any given night, my only plus side was that we didn't get a single complaint from the guests and not a single return to the kitchen. Yet I digress, it is embarrassing. Even more so when there is nothing I can do about it nor show for it. Someone will have to respond to my GM tomorrow...oh wait, he is on vacation. Seems like that happens a lot around here. When is my vacation again?

Side note that really pisses me off, breaking plate ware. I can never understand why people laugh at that shit when it happens. OK, back when I first started cooking I thought it was funny. Remember those movies back in the 1980s that had customers washing dishes when they couldn't pay or when a dishwasher broke a plate it came out of their paycheck?? No?? Well I'm ready to return to those times, dammit.

Tonite this new busboy broke 5 coffee mugs...hope this guy has another job, BTW. There were some chuckles exchanged and I looked at him, tossed my wallet his way, and said, "Here take this next time instead!" Because that's what you do every fucking time something breaks in the restaurant I work in!

LOL, I meant it and he kinda deserved it, but I guess I can be a real dick sometimes!

No comments: