Monday, August 4, 2008

Going with the Flo

Monday...

Am I closing again tonight? Fraid so, another long week in store and I'm not banking on my currently scheduled day off this week either. This is why I love my job, or so I continue to tell myself.

Sunday was a productive day, with a little time for leisure in the evening by means of hitting the 930 club with a group of friends to see the Flobots...ever heard of 'em? You know that song "Handlebars" that is getting played out on the radio? Yeah, them. Two emcees with a band behind them.

Can't really go wrong...throw in a heavy Rage Against the Machine influence with a sax and violin and you have yourself one kick ass group. It was a blast and a sold out show, they even opened up with a Rage cover to get everyone hyped. And that violinist, Mackenzie, um, yes please!

Anyways, back to work. More progress made on the upcoming pilot that may actually be filmed in the next 2 months, believe it or not, and wine tasting and live music this Friday at Mayorga...so long as I still have the day off...

No comments: