Monday, August 11, 2008

Restaurant Week

Of fuck...

It's Restaurant Week here in Washington DC. Wonderful experience for those that uhh, don't get to eat out at such establishments normally. Hell for those in the kitchen forced to pump out double the amounts of food for a week. All for a measly 35 dollars a person for 3 courses at 85% of the restaurants in the city. 25 for lunch and 35 for dinner. No alcohol included, though. This is cheap enough to bring out some really interesting people that you just don't see normally. I'm sure as the week goes on I will have some interesting stories on customers.

Quick one from last year's, 2 people at a table wanted to split their lunch from the Restaurant Week menu. They got water to drink, so that brings the total for their tab to $25.07 for 3 courses at lunch. One of them complained about the salad...so their total was brought down to 17 and some change. They left the server a 1 dollar tip. "1 dollar Bob, 1 dollar." WTF?

That's just off the top of my head, so it's going to be one helluva week. Thank GOD my chef has the smarts to only put out 2 salads, 3 entrees and 3 desserts on the damn menu. I have to go cut 80 pounds of salmon now, and believe me I will be cutting at least another 60 tomorrow!

Fucking Mondays...

No comments: