Sunday, August 31, 2008

Blah

Saturday,

First off let me say that my chef let me come in at 4pm today. I will be out of here by 11...what a way to start a holiday weekend, and we're closed on Labor day! Spoiled a little?

So when I woke up this morning and had several hours with nothing to do I decided maybe it would be nice if I stopped by a tailgate for the Terps before I came into work. Well, since we all know that tailgates, especially college ones, involve everything from keg stands to body shots maybe it wouldn't be a great idea.

So I arrived at around 2pm to say hello to some of my friends, including The Brain himself, and was greeted as expected with a shot of Grand Marnier. I can't say no to that, it's only 2pm and I have 2 hours to spare. Well, then came the beer, and after that first Miller Water, I mean Lite, I decided it might be time to get going because after both those were gone it was about 2:15.

Skip over to when I walk into work, my chef has already changed into his street clothes and is walking around waiting to leave. When I got here I think he was here for 10 minutes before he said bye and headed south to the beach for the weekend. Lucky bastard, why didn't I think about doing that? Uh, who is the chef again?

He is telling all of the cooks it's going to be a slow and easy night because there are only 60 reservations at 4pm. Simple enough, but I'm not as easily convinced. I made a gentleman's bet with everyone that I could that we would break 200 before the night was over. We are at 191 right now. No one went over 140 for the evening, suckers.

Easy night with not much to write home about, except for the fact that the Terps won their first game of the season, now lets see what happens Thursday when the big boys take the field against the Super Bowl champs...

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: