Thursday, August 28, 2008

Shellboy

Hump day/day off eve, what more could I ask for? I mean its like I just got back from vacation and I'm already off again. No complaints from me, I must have a golden horseshoe stuck up my...nevermind.

So I will keep this short and simple to sum up my day. Tonite a customer ordered our grilled shrimp, then stated that he was allergic to shellfish. Nice. Luckily it wasn't me serving the table. I would have called him out as if it were the joke of the day. The server, however, went onto explain what shrimp is. The customer then stated that as long as when it was grilled it didn't touch any lobster or scallops he would be OK.

I know its wrong to say people are stupid, but what the fuck else do you say to that? The manager went by the table and spoke to the guests, and they eventually changed their minds to Flipper, I mean Mahi Mahi.

I probably would have said they have thin shell exoskeletons or some shit, but I guess the moment had passed by then.

No comments: