Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Let's Go to the Videotape...

Tuesday...

A prep cook short as I walk thru the doors, this same guy "no called, no showed" yesterday and called in this morning. Hmmm, not a tough decision of what I want to do. I will have to talk to my chef about finding a replacement, cause this stuff doesn't fly here. He is already off again tomorrow and this is far from the first time it has happened with this same cook over the past year.

So as I begin to prepare my special for the morning and evening simultaneously, I am delegating other stuff like there is no tomorrow. My GM is gone for the week and my chef will not be in for relief until this evening. He is coming from out of state having spent the weekend with his family. So it's up to the sous, along with my event coordinator, to run things until the AGM comes in in the next few hours. Should be an interesting day.

The head count for an upcoming event, the Mad Chef catering a company picnic, should be in by the end of this week. I am personally crossing my fingers for 125 people. I was told not to be surprised if the count reached 200! Someone is going to have their hands full!

Oh yes, tonite when I leave work I will have this little tape in my possession from some event called the DC101 Chili Cook-Off. How did it finally come to be in my possession? Well, that's a long story, but its finally mine. Now it has to go off to a friend of mine that works for Ritz to pull the video off and onto a CD, then to my producer friend where I beg for him to do some of his magic so I can post it...FINALLY!

No comments: