Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Still Really Fucking Hot

Posted yesterday but screwed up by The (overheated) Brain:

So my day is going along smoothly for a Monday, almost too smooth. I mean, what would my day be if there wasn't someone to throw a wrench into it to piss me off? Well here it is 5pm and I just found out there is a "pop up" banquet this evening. 15 people and they have a pre-set menu.

Only 2 problems, see I could make this go over smooth and not even flinch at any of this, if I want to be a "yes man." Only fucking problem is my event coordinator is not here and one of our hostesses took it upon her self to organize and set the menu & pricing. Need I say more? No problem, I will go on, but this woman proceeds to put an item on the menu that I do not even have on my menu this evening. She also put on another item that I don't even have enough fish to feed 5 people. FUCKING A! The second item wasn't on the the menu either but was going to be used for my cooks' employee meal for the evening...they aren't too happy at missing out on that meal.

Does my GM step in? No, my AGM, no, my chef is MIA so that just leaves me to figure this shit out. Not only that but she under charged by almost 10% per person for this banquet. Reprimand? Not likely, but she is lucky it's not my name on the door or it might have smacked her tonite on her way out, permanently. What am I going to do?

While I am typing this up my AGM has changed the menu after my insistence at doing so, but there is nothing we can do about the cost, that is already said and done. But you better believe they are getting a menu more suited for their cost! WOO SAH...on with my evening.

I love my job, I love my job, I love my job...

No comments: