Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Still Hot

It wasn't a happy Monday...100 plus again, and it ain't giving up any time soon. With that said, I woke up yesterday morning to realizing that I wanted a local fish for my special. Don't ask me why it was the first thought that entered my head. Maybe I work to much?

So I called one of my vendors asking for some Rockfish. I mean, it's not like I spoke to my rep right then and there, and boom, it's delivered here to the restaurant the following day. This fish has been a staple at 4 restaurants that I have worked at. Personally, its just another bass, but I'm not the consumer at this point and I can do some pretty cool things with it.

So this is what I did Monday:

Since its "hot as the dickens" (WTF does that mean anyways) outside I think I will use some polenta today, but after I make it I will instantly throw it into the only freezer, which is small and only for the ice cream, mind you! After it has cooled I will grill it and serve it with the Rockfish which I will sear. The reason I like this dish is the salad I am going to put on top of it.

I have some fennel bulbs I have thinly sliced and added julienne red onions and tomato (not the deadly ones). It is more of a slaw then a salad I guess...with some sour cream, orange juice, blue cheese and plenty of salt & pepper. This salad will bring life to this dish, not to mention some refreshment given the insane temperatures today and into the foreseeable future. Wonder what kind of cold items I will mess with tomorrow? I'm thinkin its time to start some cevices!!!!!!

No comments: